Select your country for specific details on child relocation and child abduction by country. You will then find the relevant websites, national legislation and examples of case law from the country of your choice. We don’t yet have information about all 196 countries, but we regularly add new countries to the list.

If you are looking for legal representation or a mediator in a particular country, please check this page, where we present lawyers and mediators by country.

If you are a legal professional, don’t forget to check the HCCH country profiles

Find a lawyer or mediator

For a number of countries, we provide a list of lawyers and mediators who can assist you in drafting an international parenting plan, in preventing conflicts over the primary residence of the children, and in negotiating and litigating over the children in the event of relocation or child abduction.